Wednesday 4 March 2009

Frugal blogs and turkey legs

I just had an email from an American cookery school blog from the Culinary School Guide which has drawn up a list of the top 100 blogs for the frugal gourmet. It's certainly a sign of the times that there are as many as that. Frugal Cook comes in at no 61 in the leftovers section which I don't really know whether to take as a slight or a compliment ;-)

I was amused though at the description of my student site Beyond Baked Beans which comes in at no. 45 in the student eating section. "This blog offers some great, cheap alternatives to crappy, pre-packaged foods common with college students." I like that use of 'crappy'

The site that heads the list is the excellent Irish blog cheapeats.ie which you should take a look at. There was a great post yesterday on what to do with turkey legs, something which I confess has always eluded me.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I made the list, too, completely out of the blue. I must admit I've had fun exploring it.

Fiona Beckett said...

Love the title of your blog, kazari!

ramtops said...

I made it too - I was amazed!

Anonymous said...

...I think you offer more than they described though!!!

Fiona Beckett said...

Congratulations, ramtops! And thnx recipes2share ;-)

amycaseycooks said...

At least you made the list so congrats are in order. Frugal cooking is all the rage these days.

UA-3466976-1